Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Quick Caribbean Tilapia Recipes

Simple Caribbean Tilapia Fish
Here is a recipe that stands out above all other tilapia fish recipes. It is easy to prepare, and tastes delicious. The sweet flavor of the coconut and nice crunch of the macadamia nuts really gives the tilapia fish a family pleasing taste. You could also use other mild fish in place of the Tilapia.

Tilapia With Mushroom Risotto


My family doesn't typically like fish. But, when I found a good price on tilapia fish at my local supermarket, I couldn't pass it up. I did a little experimenting in the kitchen and came up with this recipe that I thought might go over well. When I served it, they all loved it. This is now my favorite of all my tilapia fish recipes. My husband who doesn't even like fish even requests it once in a while!
Ingredients:
  • 4-6 Tilipia fish fillets (fresh or thawed ok)
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
  • 1 (8oz) can pineapple tidbits
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease lightly. (Or spray with cooking spray)
  2. Place butter in large bowl and add tilapia fish- toss fish to coat; set aside. Combine macadamia nuts, coconut and breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Place fish in nut mixture and coat evenly. Place fish on baking sheet without overlapping.
  3. Bake for 18-20 minutes or just until fish is opaque throughout. Serve with pineapple tidbits. (Or if you would like to spend more time- make your own pineapple mango dressing)
I hope you enjoy this great tilapia fish recipe. This is a great recipe for get your family to eat more fish.
For more great tilapia and other fish recipes, visit SimpleFishRecipIcon Helmetes.com
Kathy Bloom enjoys spending time in the kitchen developing dishes to delight her family and friends. She has many simple recipes that she is proud to share with you.
See all of Kathy's simple fish recipes.