Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ninja Sushi Restaurant Review

When I really feel like I need raw fish, I usually go to Star Market at the Mililani Town Center for a quick fix of poke. But one day, I remembered that there's also a sushi place at the Mililani Town center called Ninja Sushi. At first glance this Hawaii Restaurant is really clean and the photos of the menu are enlarged and plastered all over the restaurant. You are basically salivating the moment you walk into the place. Not only do they have large colorful pictures of their menu all over the restaurant, they have a rather large detailed picture menu at the take-out counter. I'd say that the menu is at least one third the length of the counter. The only thing that I don't like about the menu is that they don't have scallops! AHHH! Scallops are my favorite.

Sushi

Ninja Sushi isn't very big, I'd say they can seat only about 40 people tops, typical for a mid budget restaurant in Hawaii. But if you don't want to take up an entire table if you're sitting by yourself, they offer bar-style seating (but sorry no bartender). The service is pretty good--I haven't run into a bad egg yet. There are no conveyor belts passing sashimi around for an hour--everything is made fresh upon demand. You basically place your order like you're at McDonald's, but they take your name. They'll either call your name or serve you at your table. I only believe in giving tips at restaurants if the help actually waits on me at my table, and clean up after me when I leave. So I've never left a tip at Ninja Sushi because that's not how the place is set up. On the other hand, they do have a jar for tips at the front counter if you feel inclined to give a tip no matter what.
I have written a lot about many Hawaii Restaurants but now let's get down to the nitty gritty-- the food. I've only been to ninja sushi Hawaii a few times, so I can only comment on a few things. While I think they slice their fish on the thin side, the creativity of the menu was pretty amazing. My favorite thing to eat at their restaurant is the Lion maki. I really liked how all of the different textures come together for each delectable bite-- especially the use of french fried onions on top of the roll.
Hawaii Restaurants & Coupons